Looking for a comfort beverage for the Christmas or winter season that is gluten-free and sugar-free? Consider these recipes for our Hot Cacao Drink and Coconut Milk "Eggnog," demonstrated by Rejuvenating Recipes' Erin Fabry.
Hot Cacao Drink
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- Spices of choice (ex. nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, cayenne pepper)
- 10 oz. boiling water
- Stevia or sweetener of choice
Blend cacao powder with spices and mix with boiling water (you can mix in a cup, or steep in a coffee press for a less grainy result). Add sweetener to taste and enjoy!
Coconut Milk "Eggnog"
- Coconut milk (canned, homemade, or in a carton)
- Spices of choice (ex. cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves)
- Vanilla liquid stevia or sweetener of choice
Mix coconut milk with spices, to taste. (A Vitamix works best for blending, but simple stirring will work too.) Add sweetener to taste, serve and enjoy!