I usually double this recipe and keep the extra in the freezer. Just make sure you dry the jerky thoroughly. You can also add some kefir to the mix to help prevent bacteria growth after drying.
- 4 lbs. grass-fed ground beef
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1-2 bunches cilantro
- 4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder (or more to taste)
- Blend cilantro, stalks and all, in food processor until finely chopped.
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit covered for up to an hour to marinate.
- Divide into 4 equal parts.
- Roll out 1/4 inch thick on dehydrator ParaFlexx sheets or parchment paper.
- Score into inch-wide strips with a pizza cutter.
- Place in the dehydrator at 165 degrees for several hours.
- Use kitchen scissors to separate jerky strips. Remove ParaFlexx sheets and place jerky on dehydrator screens.
- Dehydrate for 12 hours or more. Jerky should be flexible but no longer juicy.